The Austrian federal government will drastically tighten the corona measures from November 17, 2020. The main committee of the National Council voted for the so-called Covid-19 Emergency Measures Ordinance. However, the opposition unanimously refused to approve. The new rules must also be observed by travelers.
The Ministry of Social Affairs writes in a broadcast that the following exit restrictions or exceptions to these apply for the time being:
"Leaving the private living area and staying outside the private living area are only permitted for the following purposes:
- Avoidance of an immediate danger to life, limb and property
- Care of and assistance for people in need of support as well as exercise of family rights and fulfillment of family duties
- Covering the necessary basic needs of daily life, such as in particular
- contact with the partner who does not live in the same household or contact with individual close relatives or individual important caregivers, with whom contact is usually maintained several times a week
- the supply of basic goods of daily life
- the use of health services
- the coverage of a need for housing
- the satisfaction of basic religious needs, such as visits to cemeteries and individual visits to places of worship, and
- the care of animals.
- professional and training purposes, if necessary.
- Stay outdoors for physical and mental relaxation
- to pursue administrative or judicial processes that cannot be postponed
- to participate in elections provided by law and to use the instruments of direct democracy provided by law
- for the purpose of entering locations and customer areas of business premises that are permitted under this ordinance and for participating in the events listed in the ordinance "
Regarding the distance and the MNS obligation, the ministry writes: “The obligation to keep a distance of at least one meter from people who do not live in the same household continues to apply, as well as the obligation to wear mouth and nose protection indoors in public places. In mass transportation and the associated underground stations, platforms, stops, train stations and airports, people who do not live in the same household must be kept at least one meter away from people and wear mouth and nose protection. If, due to the number of passengers and when getting on and off, it is not possible to maintain a distance of at least one meter, this can be excepted. In motor vehicles (private car, taxi, Uber) a maximum of two people per row of seats may be transported (exception : joint household). In addition, mouth and nose protection must be worn. "
The closure of the trade is described as follows: "Entering and driving into the customer area of business premises of trade and service companies including leisure facilities (including theaters, concert halls, cinemas, museums, baths, dance schools, casinos, fairgrounds, etc.) is prohibited. Furthermore, customer areas may be visited by service companies that are not close to the body (car workshops, insurance companies, cleaning shops, tailoring shops, etc.). Companies that offer body-hugging services remain closed (e.g. hairdressers, nail salons, piercing studios, massage studios - exception: medical purposes).
The following may remain open:
- public pharmacies
- Food trade (including sales outlets of food producers and farm direct marketers)
- Drug stores and drug stores
- Sale of medical products and sanitary items, medical aids and aids
- Health and care services
- Services for people with disabilities, which are provided by the federal states within the framework of the disability, social assistance, participation and equal opportunities laws
- veterinary services
- Sale of animal feed
- Sale and maintenance of safety and emergency products
- Agricultural trade including slaughter animal auctions as well as the horticultural business and the state product trade with seeds, fodder and fertilizers
- Petrol stations and electric charging stations, including washing facilities
- Postal service providers including their postal partners
- Ticket counters at train stations and in the subway
- Tobacco shops and newspaper kiosks
- Waste disposal companies
- Car and bicycle workshops and
- Car and bike rental
Shopping is only allowed from 6.00:19.00 a.m. to 10:2 p.m. This does not include pharmacies, petrol stations and delivery services. In the shops that remain open, however, only goods may be purchased that correspond to the “typical range of goods of the respective shop”. The distance rule, the XNUMX mXNUMX rule per customer and the compulsory wearing of mouth and nose protection while shopping will also remain in place in open shops. "
With regard to gastronomy, the following rule applies: “Gastronomy establishments will remain closed. This does not apply to hospitals and sanatoriums, facilities for the elderly, care facilities and facilities for the disabled, facilities for the care and accommodation of children and young people and company canteens exclusively for employees. It is still possible to pick up food and drinks between 06.00 a.m. and 19.00 p.m. The food and drinks may not be consumed within 50 meters of the business premises. As before, delivery service is possible around the clock. Accommodation providers must also keep closed for tourist purposes. ”The ordinance is to apply until December 6, 2020 for the time being. The exit restrictions apply on the basis of the relevant provisions of the COVID-19 Measures Act for the time being up to and including November 26, 2020 and must be passed through the main committee of the National Council after 10 days. The COVID-19 Emergency Measures Ordinance replaces the previously applicable COVID-19 Protective Measures Ordinance.