The airline Air Moldova has not been in the air for several months. Now the Civil Aviation Authority of the Republic of Moldova has suspended AOC and operating licenses until at least the end of October 2023.
The carrier LOT Polish Airlines plans to continue to offer the route between Warsaw and Podgorica in the winter period. Three weekly flights are to be operated to the Montenegrin city by mid-January.
At the beginning of the corona pandemic, many airlines severely restricted or even stopped their flight operations. Partly because of blanket bans imposed by some governments, but mostly for economic reasons.
The Italian airline Ita Airways is planning to fly to the Lufthansa hubs in Frankfurt and Munich much more frequently at the start of the 2024 summer timetable period. The frequencies are to be doubled on both routes. At the moment Ita
The IAG low-cost subsidiary Vueling intends to fly more frequently to the German airports of Berlin, Düsseldorf and Hamburg in the summer of 2024. The existing Barcelona routes are to be increased. Effective March 31
From Stuttgart, Eurowings is also planning to offer the destination Keflavik in the 2024 summer flight schedule. This will initially be offered twice a week. The first flight is announced for May 19, 2024. From Stuttgart
The cabin crew of the airline Swiss is apparently very dissatisfied with the new collective labor agreement that the Kapers union and management have agreed upon. Some flight attendants are racing against this storm as they
The Association for Consumer Information has warned the private railway operator Westbahn on behalf of the Ministry of Social Affairs. The background is that the VKI lawyers are of the opinion that three clauses in the conditions of carriage are inadmissible.
Chinese investors had tried to take over the Ukrainian Motor Sich through a "straw man construction". The government stepped in and blocked the transaction. Now the Chinese make around 3,6 billion US dollars
Klaudia Tanner visited Vogler Air Base in Hörsching on the occasion of an air transport of relief supplies with a C-130 "Hercules" transport plane. The Defense Minister was accompanied by Derya Allüşoğlu Öcal, initiator and chairwoman of the aid organization “Artists for
Now it's official: Anyone who has been to Cuba can no longer enter the USA without a visa with Esta. Not only do Cuban travelers no longer get an Esta. With a trip to Cuba comes a
This summer, many travelers found out that holiday trips by plane are not always uncomplicated. Hours of delay and flight cancellations, such as in the 2022 holiday season, can be a big problem when it comes to travel
- Abuja considers axing foreign carriers' route authorities 21 September 2023Nigeria is willing to cancel multiple route designations granted to some foreign airlines operating to the West African country once Nigerian carriers have the required capacity to meet travel demand. This was the word from new Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development Festus Keyama in a briefing to aviation correspondents in Abuja at the weekend, […]
- Congo Airways risks losing int'l funding as MoU expires 21 September 2023
- Denmark's Sunclass Airlines to retire A330-200 by 2Q24 21 September 2023Sunclass Airlines (DK, Copenhagen Kastrup) has appointed Skytech-AIC to market its only A330-200 as it expects to retire the aircraft by April 2024. The jet will be sold without Rolls-Royce Trent 700 engines. The ch-aviation fleets advanced module shows OY-VKF (msn 309) to be the only aircraft owned by the Danish leisure specialist. It was […]
- Romania's HiSky Europe secures first A330 21 September 2023HiSky Europe (H4, Iasi) has signed a contract with Air Lease Corporation for the lease of a single A330-200, its first widebody aircraft. Delivery is expected by the end of the year. "Over the past two years, we've experienced consistent growth that has brought us to this pivotal moment - the moment when we are […]
- Israel's Air Haifa obtains an operator's license 21 September 2023Israeli transport and infrastructure minister Miri Regev has approved a business license for start-up Air Haifa to operate flights out of Haifa in northern Israel to both domestic and international destinations, she announced on social media. “Flights from Haifa to Eilat Ramon, Europe, and the Mediterranean continue in the making. In order to increase competition […]
- GetJet's Lithuanian, Latvian AOCs to expand fleets 21 September 2023