After around two years of development, the airline Virgin Australia has launched a new smartphone tool that is intended to enable passengers to track their luggage. This was tested from May 2023 and now
In the future, Turkish Airlines intends to limit its freighter fleet to the Boeing 777-200F aircraft type. CFO Murat Seker told Aviation Week that there is currently no interest in the successor model, the B777-8F.
Iraqi Airways recently took delivery of the fifth Airbus A220-300. The aircraft with the registration YI-ARH is the last unit of this order for the time being. The jet was following from Mirabel via Olso
At the beginning of the corona pandemic, many airlines severely restricted or even stopped their flight operations. Partly because of blanket bans imposed by some governments, but mostly for economic reasons.
Berlin-Brandenburg Airport had around 2023 million passengers in July 2,2. In a direct comparison with the same month of the previous year, it was possible to increase a little, but it is still considerably below that
Stuttgart Airport was photographed from a bird's eye view again this year. Interested parties can now order a large wall poster free of charge. The colored aerial photo is about 85
After a long break, Nuremberg Airport is now again offering guided tours of the airport area on Sundays. These are offered every second and fourth Sunday of the month
For strategic reasons, the Swiss airline transferred its shares in Swiss Aviation Software (Swiss-AS) to Lufthansa Technik at the end of 2022. The integration creates a comprehensive service ecosystem that
The Association for Consumer Information has warned the private railway operator Westbahn on behalf of the Ministry of Social Affairs. The background is that the VKI lawyers are of the opinion that three clauses in the conditions of carriage are inadmissible.
About a third of the more than 1.300 inquiries in AK consumer protection on the subject of travel dealt with flight bookings, package tours and online travel platforms, rental cars and train travel. Compensation payments amount to up to per person
There are frequent airline strikes. Affected travelers then often do not know whether they should rebook their flight as a precaution or whether they are entitled to compensation if their
- Parent of Spain's Wamos Air to return state aid years early 25 September 2023
- Watchdog blocks Montenegro gov't from buying E195 25 September 2023
- Bain Capital tipped as sole contender for Lufthansa Technik 25 September 2023
- Main shareholder of Romania's Blue Air files for insolvency 25 September 2023
- Ryanair, Rome clash over antitrust probe, island fare cap 25 September 2023Italy's competition authority (Autorità Garante della Concorrenza e del Mercato - ACGM) has opened an investigation against Ryanair (FR, Dublin International), suspecting it of the “possible abuse of a dominant position” in the market at the expense of travel agencies and consumers , it announced in a statement. According to the ACGM, Ryanair - now the […]
- Court accepts two proposals to buy Air Antilles, Air Guyane 25 September 2023